Penang Green School Award
Penang Green School Award program is an annual environmental audit program for all schools in Penang (except for international schools). In collaboration with both local councils – Penang Island City Council (MBPP) and Seberang Perai City Council (MBSP), this program was launched by the Penang State Government in 2010.
- To inculcate love for the environment in students and the community.
- To educate them on the importance of environmental conservation and protection.
All primary and secondary schools in Penang (except for international schools)
- Resource Efficiency
- Innovation & Creativity
- Cleanliness & Greening
- Community Involvement
- The award program is assessed at two levels – the District Level and the State Level. The District level audit will be carried out by both local councils (MBPP & MBSP) at their respective zones and State level audit will be carried out by Penang Green Council.
- Go to http://www.pgc.com.my/PSG_assessment/login.php
- Log into your existing account. (For first-time registration, please create a new account using your school name and code. Only schools that register for the first- time will receive RM300).
- Complete the self-assessment by 31st July 2023
- The respective local council will arrange for a site audit in the month of August – September for district level competition.
- If your school is selected as a representative for a specific award, a second site audit will be carried out in October – December for state level competition.
- Do prepare relevant supporting documents based on the audit criteria.
- During the site audit, students should be the representatives to present their involvement and projects in this green school program.
- You may also present your ongoing environmental program or future plans.
- The winner announcement for district level will be announced by October 2023, whereas the winner announcement for state level will be announced by March 2024.
- Champion – RM 5,000 & Certificate
- 1st Runner Up – RM 3,000 & Certificate
- Special Awards (Resource Efficiency) – RM 1,000 & Certificate
- Special Awards (Innovation & Creativity) – RM 1,000 & Certificate
- Special Awards (Cleanliness & Greening) – RM 1,500 & Certificate
- Special Awards (Community Involvement) – RM 1,000 & Certificate
- March : Opening of online registration (21 March)
- July: Closing of online registration (31 July)
- August – October: Audit at District level (MBPP & MBSP) & prize-giving ceremony at district level
- October – December: Audit at State level
- February – March 2024: Green Pinang Awards Presentation Ceremony (GALA)
Registration is closed. See you in 2024!
TORAY &+ (AND PLUS) RECYCLING COMPETITION 2023 PENANG
This competition is based on a circular economy model, a sustainable model for the environment, social and the economy development. PET PLASTIC BOTTLES will be collected from schools via school recycling competition, to be recycled into synthetic fibre for use in the apparel industry. This could help to implement a closed-loop production by minimizing the reliance on natural resources as raw materials while maximizing the positive environmental impacts.
Registration closing date falls on 30th April 2023. PET plastic bottles collection by school is allowed from March to 30th November 2023.
How to Register?
The competition is open to all primary schools (7-12 years old) and secondary schools (13-19 years old) in Penang (including private/ international schools), which have also participated in Penang Green School Programme 2023.
Interested schools shall register online HERE.
Alternatively, schools can fill up manual form and email to email@example.com