- To enhance the intern’s educational experience through practical work assignments on green issues in Penang
- To offer the opportunity to acquire direct exposure Penang Green Council (PGC)’s work , by participating in developing and carrying out the major activities, programs and projects which will serve to realize the State Government objective of making Penang a green State.
- Completed undergraduate degree (Bachelor) or in the final year of undergraduate degree studies, current enrollment in a Masters degree or equivalent. Only those students who will return to their studies upon completion of their internship assignments are eligible.
- Environmental development -related fields such as environmental studies, economics, international relations, sociology, public or business administration. Other fields of study may be considered depending on the type of assignment
- Excellent written and spoken proficiency in Bahasa Melayu and an additional Malaysians common used Language (English, Chinese, Tamil etc)
- Enthusiastic students with strong academic achievements, good communication skills, and have a keen interest to gain experience working for green projects in Penang.
- Scope of internship: Interns may submit a project proposal of their specific interests. If it is accepted by General Manager or internship coordinator, the intern will be required to complete the project within the duration of internship.
- Project Management: Interns will have the opportunity to contribute in project management.
- Administrative and Logistics: Interns are expected to provide basic support and assistance in day-to-day running of activities and duties.
- Supervision of project: PGC will provide the expertise for the supervision of the intern’s project
- Submission of report: Interns are expected to submit a written report and give an oral presentation at the completion of their internship
Interns are accepted throughout the year; for a period of normally two to four months. Interns can return for additional internships subject to the approval of the General Manager or Internship Coordinator.
- RM500 monthly allowance will be given to interns who service for more than one month. Interns are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and finding accommodation.
- Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the intern or his sponsoring institution or government.
- PGC accepts no responsibility for the medical insurance for the intern or for any costs arising from accidents and/or illness during the internship period.
- PGC is not responsible for any claims by an intern or third party in the case of loss or damage to property or death or personal injury as a result of actions or omissions on the part of the intern during the internship period.
HOLIDAYS & LEAVE
Interns are entitled to the normal days leave for official holidays during the assignment. Depending on the length of the proposed internship, additional vacation days may be negotiated. All leave must be approved in advance by the General Manager or Internship Coordinator.
Either party may terminate the internship contract before the expiration date, given one week’s notice in writing.
HOW TO APPLY?
Applications should be forwarded to the designated contact person .Only shortlisted and/or selected candidates will be contacted. Applications (in English) should include the following:
(1) Application form
(2)Recent curriculum vitae (CV)
(3)A cover letter indicating the motivation and reason for an internship with PGC as well as the preferred field of work.