No Plastic Straw Campaign
The “No Plastic Straw” campaign was implemented in March 2019. Plastic straw refers to a small pipe made of plastic (synthetic polymer/ semi-synthetic) including bio-degradable plastic straw that allows its user to more conveniently consume beverages.
- To minimise the quantity of plastic straws that is harmful to the environment in a short term
through awareness programs and campaigns.
- To abolish thoroughly the use of plastic straws in the long run through enforcement
- Food and beverage premises will no longer be permitted to provide plastic straws in the
- Plastic straws will only be provided to consumers upon request only
- Food and beverage premises are allowed and encouraged to use the substitute’s items
Applies to :
Restaurant, Hotel, Convenient store, Petrol Station Convenient Store, Food Court and Canteen, Food Truck, Night Market