Penang Green School Award
Disclaimer: Due to COVID-19, Penang Green School Award will be carried out digitally in 2021 from registration, submission, audit to prize giving ceremony. All participated teachers and students are advised to follow strictly on the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) from Malaysian Government and health authorities while carrying out any green programs in schools.
Penang Green School Award program is an annual environmental audit program for all schools in Penang (except for international schools). In collaboration with both local councils – Penang Island City Council (MBPP) and Seberang Perai City Council (MBSP), this program was launched by the Penang State Government in 2010.
- To inculcate love for the environment in students and the community.
- To educate them on the importance of environmental conservation and protection.
All primary and secondary schools in Penang (except for international schools)
- Resource Efficiency
- Innovation & Creativity
- Cleanliness & Greening
- Digital Involvement
- The award program is assessed at two levels – the District Level and the State Level. The District level audit will be carried out by both local councils (MBPP & MBSP) at their respective zones and State level audit will be carried out by Penang Green Council.
How to apply?
- Log into your existing account. (For first-time registration, please create a new account using your school name and code. First-time registration will receive RM 300).
- Complete the self-assessment by 31 May 2021.
- Submit the video reporting link before 30 August 2021.
- The respective local council will arrange for an online audit in September for District level competition.
- If your school is selected as a representative for a specific award, a second online audit will be carried out in October for State level competition.
- Do prepare relevant supporting documents such as PowerPoint slides, video, photos and related documents based on the audit criteria.
- During the online audit, students should be the representatives to present their involvement and projects in this Penang Green School Program.
- You may also present your ongoing environmental program or future plans.
- The winner announcement for District level will be in October 2021, whereas the winner announcement for State level will be in November 2021.
- Champion – RM 5,000 & Certificate
- 1st Runner Up – RM 3,000 & Certificate
- Special Awards (Resoure Efficiency) – RM 1,000 & Certificate
- Special Awards (Innovation & Creativity) – RM 1,000 & Certificate
- Special Awards (Cleanliness & Greening) – RM 1,500 & Certificate
- February: Opening of online registration (1 Feb)
- May: Closing of online registration (31 May)
- August : Due date to submit video reporting link (30 Aug)
- September: District level audit (MBPP & MBSP)
- October: State Level online audit
- November: Green Pinang Awards Presentation Ceremony